Updated August 22, 2020
Visitor Information Centre Open / Museum Exhibit Area Closed
The Visitor Information Centre (VIC) is now open. Museum staff is onsite Monday to Sunday from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM daily.
Visitors will enter by the VIC door at the rear of the museum (across from the outdoor washroom) and will exit through front door of the Museum.
We are following COVID-19 Health protocols.
- Please maintain physical distancing.
- Masks are required indoors and in situations where physical distancing may be difficult to maintain.
- Masks are available in the VIC for a small donation.
Visitors to the Museum, via the VIC entrance, are welcome. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the main exhibit areas of the Old Courthouse Museum are closed to the public at this time. Limited viewing of the Museum space is available through the courtroom area as part of the exit route when leaving.
We will continue to evaluate opening access to the main exhibit areas, based on the advice and recommendations of Nova Scotia’s Chief Medical Officer, Public Health and Safety, and the Government of Nova Scotia. We want to be sure we have the appropriate protocols in place to ensure the safety of our staff and our visitors.
Staff will be happy to assist you with:
- Travel related needs
- Provide research assistance to assist with genealogical inquiries, however, access to the Research room is not available to the public at this time.
- Provide information related to diverse culture and history of our communities and their people.
- Purchasing from our collection of books and clothing
Unable to visit in person?
If you are unable to visit in person, you are encouraged to contact us with any questions you may have related to our historical and genealogical roles. We will be happy to assist you with your inquiries.
- By phone: 902-533-4008
- Through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org),
- On Facebook: (Guysborough Historical Society (Old Court House Museum)
- On Twitter: @CourtHouse1843
Our online store (https://www.guysboroughhistoricalsociety.ca/shop/) is still open. We will continue to fill your book or clothing orders as usual.
We also have an unstaffed physical kiosk beside our parking lot with a pick-up box attached to a large Guysborough County map display. Staff will keep the box full of tourist materials which can be picked up at any time.
We wish to thank you for your continued interest and support as we navigate our way in this “new normal” during this pandemic. Stay Safe!